An official website of the United States government
Here's how you know
A .mil website belongs to an official U.S. Department of Defense organization in the United States.
A lock (lock ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .mil website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.


The Latest

  • (April 25, 2023) The Medical Care section has been updated. Details →  
  • (March 31, 2023) Navy Announces Launch of Online Survey to Solicit Public Input on Non-Fuel Re-Purposing of Red Hill Details →  
  • (March 8, 2023) Navy Provides Additional Details on Contract, Process to Solicit Public Input on Non-Fuel Re-Purposing of Red Hill Details →  
  • (March 1, 2023) Department of the Navy Submits Supplement 1 for the Red Hill Tank Closure Plan Details →  
  • (Feb. 10, 2023) Navy Releases PFAS Soil Sample Data; Continued Monitoring Planned Details →  

Resident Resources

Housing Zone Map and Safe Waters Website

The Interagency Drinking Water System Team has launched a website designed to provide timely and accurate information regarding the status of flushing in all zones as well as validated data on sampling as it becomes available. Lab results and more can now be found at JBPHH-SAFEWATERS.ORG

DOD Registry

Medical Care

Secretarial Designation

The Red Hill Clinic is offering a medical assessment to determine if reported symptoms are reasonably attributed to exposure associated with JP-5 contamination. If deemed medically necessary, further care at the Red Hill Clinic at Branch Health Clinic Makalapa, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii, and at Tripler Army Medical Center, Honolulu, will be available on a space-available and non-reimbursable basis for a period of one year from March 10, 2023.

Medical care is extended to people who meet the following criteria:

  • First, the individual must either report permanent residence in housing served by the Joint Base Pearl Harbor- Hickam Water Distribution System at any time from November 20, 2021, through March 18, 2022; or they must report full- or part-time work on Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam or any DoD facility served by the Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam Water Distribution System at any time from November 20, 2021, through March 18, 2022.
  • In addition, the individual must report persistent or exacerbated symptoms that the individual attributes to the JP-5 contamination of the Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam Water Distribution System. Meeting these criteria does not create an entitlement to civilian health care at DoD expense or to health care at other military medical treatment facilities in the United States or overseas.

To make an appointment, patients should call TRICARE Nurse Advice Line (NAL) at 800-874-2273, Option 1, hours of operation: 24/7.

DEERS Enrolled Beneficiary

If you have a life-threatening health issue, call 911 or go to any emergency room immediately. Don’t try to access emergency care through this website. Tripler Army Medical Center's emergency room is open 24 hours a day.

If you have non-urgent medical concerns, contact your primary care provider.

Red Hill Clinic

Inside Naval Branch Health Clinic Makalapa
1253 Makalapa Rd
Honolulu, HI 96817

The Red Hill Clinic is a dedicated clinic that exclusively provides care for DEERS enrolled patients who were exposed to contaminated water during the Red Hill fuel spill between November 20, 2021 and March 18, 2022. It offers patients convenient access to primary care providers and expedited consultations to specialty care providers as necessary.

Expedited consultations are available for:

  • Dermatology
  • Gastroenterology
  • Neurology
  • Behavioral Health
  • Other specialty care clinics as necessary

Call (800) 874-2273 to make an appointment. Walk-in services are not available.

Health Protection Measures

Public health experts from the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps and Hawai’i Department of Health prepared guidance on the health effects of exposure to contaminated water, recommendations and resources.

Family Assistance

The Military & Family Support Center’s Emergency Family Assistance Center (EFAC) is available to assist anyone impacted by the water crisis with a variety of community needs.

The Emergency Family Assistance Center includes:

  • Clinicians
  • Chaplains
  • Legal Services Office
  • Information and referrals
  • Red Cross
  • Navy Marine Corp Relief
  • Air Force Financial Aid
  • Personal Financial Management
  • Housing

To contact the Emergency Family Assistance Center, please call: (866) 525-6676, Monday-Friday. The EFAC can be reached on weekends at (808) 722-7847.

Hours of operation
Monday - Friday: 7:30 a.m.–5 p.m. 

Located in the same building as the Personnel Support Detachment (PSD), adjacent to the Ruby Tuesday's restaurant in the Moanalua Shopping Center. Address: 4827 Bougainville Dr, Honolulu, HI 96818

Navy and Marine Corps Relief Society

If you are experiencing a financial challenge, please visit the NMCRS office to see if you are eligible for assistance.

Call NMCRS at 808-473-0282, email at or visit their Facebook page for hours and other information. Their office is located at 1514 Makalapa Gate Road, Honolulu, HI 96818.

Air Force Aid Society

Airman and Family Readiness Center (A&FRC) is processing Air Force Aid Society applications by appointment due to limited staff. A&FRC is operating out of its normal location:

Building 1105
Daily, 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Phone Numbers: (808) 449-0303 & (808) 449-0310

TLA and Lodging

Commander, Navy Region Hawaii, has determined lodging procurement is necessary for active duty service members, their dependents, Federal civilian employees and their authorized dependents, and all other privatized housing residents affected by the current water-related health and safety concerns. This authorization is for anyone living in housing who self-certify they are affected and live in a housing community serviced by the Navy water system, beginning Dec. 3, 2021.

Affected PPV residents may also contact the EOC Information Hotline to request lodging and/or information on any of the assistance available to the wider community.

There are three categories of lodging procurement individuals will adhere to: temporary lodging allowance (TLA), TDY orders, and government-contracted lodging.

  • Affected active duty service members and their authorized dependents will be approved for TLA. TLA includes lodging and per diem. For those unable to self-procure lodging, or wait for reimbursement, the government has contracted housing. Please contact the Housing Assistance Call Center, 24 hours a day at (808) 789-5287.
  • Affected Federal civilian employees and their authorized dependents will receive individual travel orders from their parent commands to evacuate to unaffected Oahu locations. Affected Federal civilian employees are authorized lodging and per diem. For residents who remain in their PPV residence that is impacted, any payment for incidentals or per diem will be assessed on a case by case basis. It is recommended that you keep all receipts. For assistance with orders and claims use the following forms:


Non-Federal Civilians in Navy Housing (Procured Lodging) Financial Assistance (PDF)

Federal and Non-Federal Civilians in Navy Housing (Remained at Home) Financial Assistance (PDF)

Guide to Civilian Evacuation Travel Orders here.

CPPA Checklist for Civilian Evacuation Travel Orders and Claims here.

Letter authorizing the use of government travel charge card for expenses related to the contamination of the Red Hill Well can be found here (PDF).

TLA Approved Hotels (PDF)

TLA Daily Rates (PDF)

The Navy's TLA claims process is outlined here (PDF). (On Dec. 23, TLA was extended to two calendar days after the Department of Health has certified that the drinking water is safe for human consumption.)

TLA Submissions

For questions or concerns regarding processing of Navy TLA Claims (including members deployed and TDY) the MNCC call center may be reached 24/7 at 833-330-MNCC (6622) or call the Personnel Support Detachment Pearl Harbor TLA Hotline at 808-471-2314/2330.

The Navy and the Air Force have authorized partial TLA (meals) for active duty members living in the currently designated affected housing areas, if they decide to stay in their housing. Authorization for all other categories of individuals (civilians, contractors, retirees, Reservists) in these current designated housing areas who decide to stay in their homes continues to be worked. Service members should contact the command to which they are assigned for TLA processing.

Air Force Guidance

TLA is authorized for Department of the Air Force service members and families in affected areas. This guidance does not apply to Airmen living in the dormitories or to civilian employees. View the specific guidance here (PDF).

AF Form 594

The link to the Air Force specific water update website is here.


TDY and/or TLA is authorized for personnel and their families who have been affected by the current water situation. View specific guidance here: Task Force Ohana Potable Water Incident.

Coast Guard Guidance

Affected Coast Guard members and their families should refer to the Coast Guard Water System update website for guidance on the Coast Guard’s unique TLA process.

Marine Corps Guidance

TLA is authorized for Marines and their families who have been affected by the current water situation. View specific guidance here (PDF).

Marine Corps Authorization/Process Letter (PDF)

USMC TLA Self Certification Letter (Word) USMC Federal Civilian Employee TLA Information (PDF)




Personal Property Loss or Damage - Military

1. If you are an active duty Navy or Marine Corps member or a reservist on active duty residing in DoN PPV Housing and your personal property has been damaged or destroyed due to fuel-contaminated water, you may file a Personnel Claims Act (PCA) claim if your personal property was located in your assigned quarters or located on base when it was damaged, following the directions below. Army and Air Force personnel should file with their own service. 

Note - Incidental claims (e.g. costs incurred in relation to your actual property loss such as purchasing water or laundry services ) and inconvenience claims are not covered under the PCA. For military members, these expenses are covered under other allowances that are being made available to you.

2. Claims packets and directions for filing a PCA claim can be found online at If necessary, packets and directions can also be obtained at RLSO NW DET HI, 850 Williamette St, Bldg 1746 (2nd floor, Legal Assistance) JBPHH or the EFAC at the Military and Family Support Center, 4827 Bouganville Drive.

3. Please submit completed packets online directly to the Personnel Claims Unit (PCU) located in Norfolk, VA. The PCU help line is staffed from 4 a.m.-4 p.m. HST. If that is not an option, you can drop it off at RLSO NW DET HI.

  • The phone numbers are commercial (757) 440-6315 or DSN 564-3310 ** From 1–4 p.m. HST, call (571) 271-1616 or (202) 604-0139**
  • The fax numbers are (757) 440-6316 and DSN 564-3337
  • The email address is  
If you have questions on filing claims for damage or loss contact the help line listed above. For questions regarding reimbursement of incidental expenses, contact the MFSC EFAC at 866-525-6676. The EFAC is located at 4827 Bougainville Dr, Honolulu, HI 96818. The EFAC is manned from 7:30 a.m.–5 p.m. weekdays.
Personal Property Loss or Damage - Retirees, Civilian Employees of the USG or Local Residents

If you are a retiree, a civilian employee of the USG, or a local resident residing in housing serviced by Navy water, because you are not covered under the PCA, instructions on how to file a claim can be at found

Commercial Entities

For information on reimbursement, compensation and FAQs click here.





Town Halls/Daily Updates

Date and Time Location Watch Online Transcript
12:00 PM
Joint Base Water Daily Updates
Watch online Download

See more

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

What if I still see a sheen or film in my drinking water?

I have Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP) family members or need specific amenities, such as a tub, larger parking space or wheelchair-accessible room. What should I do?

The Housing Assistance Center is only able to provide the hotel room. Any amenities and special needs must be worked through with the hotel.

Who do I contact for funding questions?

Information on temporary lodging assistance (TLA) extensions, financial reimbursement and when/how to file for reimbursement is forthcoming from the sponsor’s branch of service. The Housing Assistance Center is only able to provide assistance with lodging concerns.

Please keep parking, hotel, food and all other receipts to help with reimbursement. We currently recommend that you continue searching for a hotel offering TLA rates. There is no guarantee that you will be reimbursed over the TLA rate.

If you are unable to procure a room yourself, please call the Housing Assistance Center at (808) 789-5287 to update your preference to a government-procured room.

What should I do with my pets?

If you need to bring your pets with you, check with the hotel to identify potential restrictions. Common restrictions include the number of animals allowed and their weight.

MWR (Morale, Welfare and Recreation) is providing kennels for pets. To learn more about this service, please call (808) 368-3456.

If the hotel we’ve procured for you can’t meet your pet needs, call the Housing Assistance Center at (808) 789-5287 to let us know that a status change might be necessary.

How many hotel rooms is my family authorized?

If you have… …then you are authorized:
0–3 dependents (not including the sponsor) 1 room
4+ dependents 2 rooms

The Housing Assistance Center can only provide rooms based on the number of dependents in your household. People that aren’t identified as dependents on your DEERS/Page 2 won’t count toward additional rooms.

Am I authorized to use my government travel card?

Yes, government travel cards are authorized for use. If there are any concerns, contact the sponsor’s chain of command.

If I’m experiencing symptoms of water contamination (such as diarrhea, cramps or rashes), what do I do?

TRICARE beneficiaries with new or worsening symptoms should contact their primary care manager, or the Nurse Advice Line at (800) 874-2273 (1-800-TRICARE).

Media Information

If you’re a member of the press and have questions, please contact:

Navy Region Hawaii Public Affairs
(808) 371-5189

U.S. Pacific Fleet Public Affairs
(808) 471-3769

Please visit the following DVIDS page for videos and imagery related to the U.S. military initiative to restore a safe water delivery system to JBPHH military housing communities:


Guidance-Card-Icon Dept-Exclusive-Card-Icon